Watch this informative Video to see how things work at Reaching Out!
Reaching Out Vision
Our Vision is to assist low-income and homeless people in Santa Clara County by providing food, basic life necessities, and job training resources in a loving and supportive environment.
When Pastor Kenny Foreman prayed the Prayer of Dedication at the Cathedral of Faith, part of it consisted of these words –
“Help us to care about people no one cares about;
Help us to hear the cry no one else is hearing;
Help us to see the hurt no one else is noticing.”
What Reaching Out Provides
- Offer twice weekly food distribution, Wednesdays & Thursday, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Conduct one-on-one personal need ascertainment
- Motivate and guide individuals toward adult education and vocational training
- Provide basic life necessities and food to local homeless and homeless ministries
- Serve 3,500 boxes of groceries and 3,500 turkeys at the annual Christmas Food Distribution
Founded in 1979 out of a church closet, the program now operates from a
16,000 foot distribution complex. Reaching Out is able to serve 40,000 families
annually, providing food for 180,000 people. The California Department of Agriculture has recognized Reaching Out as one of the most efficient food programs in the state.
Phone: (408) 979—3048 or (408) 979-3090
Open Wednesday & Thursday 9 a.m.- 12 noon