Preparing Your Child for My School Preschool
Prior to their first day, schedule a time to bring your child to school. Let him visit and play in the yard while you stand by. Let him/her get acquainted with the other children, the staff, the toys, and their new classroom. Show them the bathroom, cubby, coat hook, etc. Tell them the director's name and the names of his/her teachers.
A variety of activities are provided throughout the day to keep children stimulated and fully engaged. It is highly recommended to send your child in clothes that may get muddy, painted, or dirty without comment from home.
Are they ready for potty training?
- Child is aware of the need to urinate BEFORE the action takes place.
- Child is physically able to stay dry for 2-3 hours at a time
- Child has an interest in trying to achieve the goal.
If all three questions can be answered, "YES" your child is ready for potty training. Each child should have at least 3-5 changes of clothes including shirt, pants, underwear, socks, and shoes to be stored in the classroom. The bag should be CLEARLY LABELED with the child's first and last name.
- Encourage your child even when accidents occur.
- Send a diaper for nap if nap wetting is consistent.
- Expect the process to take some time and expect to have a few setbacks before mastery.
My School does not allow pull-ups, bottles, and pacifiers.